Founded in 1959, ATA is the largest professional association of translators and interpreters in the U.S. with over 11,000 members in more than 90 countries. ATA's primary goals include fostering and supporting the professional development of translators and interpreters and promoting the translation and interpreting professions.
In addition to the menu items listed elsewhere on this page, the ATA website has several other areas of interest for members of the press who want background information on the association or the industry.
- About Us includes a history of ATA as well as information on programs, benefits, and services sponsored by the association.
- Careers presents a brief look at the types of work translators and interpreters perform.
- School Outreach provides presentation and handout materials on translation and interpreting careers.
- Certification details ATA's certification exam which is now offered in 26 language combinations.
- Publications, including The ATA Chronicle, give a quick perspective of industry issues and news as well as a look at the scope of translation and interpreting needs in today's society.
If you are writing an article on the translation and interpreting professions or on some aspect of current affairs involving translation or interpreting, you can contact any one of the PR contacts listed below for specific questions, statistics, and industry insights. We welcome your interest.
ATA Public Relations Committee Chair
Walter Bacak, CAE
ATA Executive Director
(703) 683-6100 ext 3006
Caron Mason, CAE
ATA Public Relations & Marketing Manager
(703) 683-6100 ext 3003