The ATA Chronicle
The ATA Chronicle Submission Guidelines
The ATA Chronicle enthusiastically encourages members to submit articles of interest to the fields of translation and interpreting.
- Articles (see length specifications below) are due the first of the month, two months prior to the month of publication (i.e., June 1 for August issue).
- Include your e-mail, phone, and mailing address on the first page.
- Include a brief abstract (30 words maximum) emphasizing the most salient points of your article. The abstract will be included in the table of contents.
- Include a short author biography (100 words maximum). If you wish to include your photo (color), please e-mail a JPEG or TIF file.
- Articles should not exceed 2,000 words (average length: 1,500 words).
- Articles must be written in English. An article containing graphics or words or phrases in non-European writing systems (e.g., Japanese, Arabic) should be submitted as a PDF file.
- Avoid long blocks of text. Break down the main points of the article into sections with subheads.
- Do not attempt to cover everything about a particular topic in one article. Narrow the focus of discussion to a few main areas.
- Text must not be "advertorial," promotional, or "marketing" in nature. Avoid self-promotion and make sure the text is not biased toward your products and services. With this in mind, you can demonstrate how the product can be used and highlight your level of expertise through the use of specific examples that are easy to follow.
- E-mail submissions (Word or PDF files) to Jeff Sanfacon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All articles are subject to editing for grammar, style, and space limitations.
- The ATA Chronicle follows the Chicago Manual of Style.
- A proof will be sent to you for review prior to publication.
- Please note that submitting an article does not guarantee its publication.
Letters to the editor: 350 words
Op-Ed: 300-600 words
Feature Articles: 1,000-2,000 words
Column: 400-1,000 words
For more information, contact the editor, phone: (703) 683-6100; fax: (703) 683-6122;
or email: email@example.com.