Careers in Translation and Interpreting
The ATA Mentoring Program
Thank you for your interest in the ATA Mentoring Program. Mentees for 2013 have been selected and notified of their acceptance into the program. The enrollment period for 2013 is now closed.
Quick Questions About the ATA Mentoring Program
Who may participate in the ATA Mentoring Program?
- Any ATA member is eligible for participation in the program.
What kind of time commitment is involved?
- ATA mentorships last for one year.
- One to two hours per month or more.
What do I need to know?
- The mentee sets the goals and pace.
- Mentor and mentee negotiate how the relationship will play out.
- Most ATA mentorships are long-distance.
How can I become a mentee?
- Review and update your professional services listing in the online ATA Directory.
Don't have a listing? Create one!
- Download the ATA Mentee Statement Worksheet from the ATA website.
- Write a 400-word essay in English using your worksheet answers.
Be sure to include:
» description of your background
» your translation or interpreting experience
» what you hope to gain from an ATA mentorship
- Email your contact information with your essay as an attachment to email@example.com.
How can I become a mentor?
- Update your ATA directory profile.
- Download the ATA Mentor Statement Worksheet from the ATA website.
- Fill out the worksheet; the Mentoring Committee will use this information to match you to a mentee.
- Email the worksheet as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.